Yep, I totally agree that it’s pretty random for me to suddenly update my blog after neglecting it for so long. Ah, you know, maybe someday I’ll get my act together and get on a regular posting schedule
I love getting to know little random facts about other people, and thought it would be fun to share the same here in order to kick off hopefully a new season of regular blogging. So without further ado, 10 random things about me:
- I’m a lefty. I remember my kindergarten teacher taking the pencil out of my left hand and placing it into my right to try to force me to become a righty, but nope!
- Speaking of writing, I have a kind of neat party trick that I can do – starting at the middle of a page, I can write backward with my left hand and forward with my right hand at the same time.
- I seriously love the scent of citrus dishwasher detergent. Something about it smells so clean and delicious to me. Ever seen that show called My Strange Obsession, where women eat things like chalk, or couch cushions, or nail polish? Yeah, I have a strange urge to eat dishwasher detergent (but haven’t ever tried it…yet).
- I can’t STAND the sound of people chewing loudly. It makes my skin crawl!
- Even though I don’t like green beans, I make myself eat them once a year just to make sure I still don’t like them. Usually it’s – you guessed it – at Thanksgiving dinner with that disgusting green bean casserole someone always makes.
- My husband and I met on Myspace. HA!
- I have 3 tattoos (and am dying to get another one)
- My friends tell me I’m a good storyteller.
- I’ve had nightmares about tornadoes ever since I saw The Wizard of Oz at 6 years old. Yet, it’s still one of my favorite movies.
- My name (Menden) is a nickname of my middle name, Mendenhall, which is a family name.
Well, that was fun! Anyone else wanna join in? Leave me a comment below with something random about yourself, or let me know if you post something similar on your own blog! xoxo